Roll. verb. (rohl).
1. To propel an object (such as a die) forward in such a fashion that it turns over and over repeatedly until it stops, at which point it will land on a number, but not necessarily the number that you were hoping for.
For. preposition. (fawr).
1. Used to indicate the purpose of a person, thing or action.
Crit. adjective. abbreviation. (krit).
1. As in critical. Urgent. Crucial. Decisive. Something that is more important than anything else in the entire world. (e.g. whether or not you receive any sheep this round.)
Roll For Crit. phrase. (rohl fawr krit).
1. To roll a die (often twenty-sided) and hope for the highest possible result. To take a chance. To bet it all. To win big or go home. To dream the impossible dream. In short, to live. I mean really, truly live.
2. An online store started by two overly enthusiastic board game lovers. Through daily news updates, video podcasts and super low prices, Roll For Crit is a celebration of tabletop gaming. Our aim is not just to be the best place to buy games online, but also the best place to read, learn and talk about games. We want you to have a good time.
|Will Keeler @Dorukiryu|
The man with the suspiciously high board game win count, Will is one of the founding members of Roll for Crit. Born on the sunny coast of California, Will has since moved across the nation to the mysterious land of New Jersey. At one point, he received a BA in Neuroscience from Muhlenberg College, which some believe has allowed him to read the minds of fellow board game players in order to gain the upper hand. He enjoys many things, including dinosaurs, anime, cooking, and lying in bed. Will is also a self proclaimed Kickstarter addict and backs new projects on a frequent basis. Seriously, it’s a problem.Will enjoys many games, but his favorites would have to be King of Tokyo, Magic the Gathering, Robinson Crusoe, and Suburbia. He also has a soft spot for Arkham Horror, but no one ever wants him to bring it out, because they don’t have an entire day to spend playing it.
|Jonathan Estis @Quence|
Born and raised in New Jersey, Jonathan met Will in freshman year of high school and he’s been his partner in crime ever since. Cash to his Tango, or maybe Tango to his Cash, I don’t know, I’ve never seen Tango & Cash. Jonathan graduated from Drew University with a degree in Art History. In other words, if this web site thing doesn’t work out, he will almost certainly starve to death. He can often be found playing Nintendo games, reading Spider-Man comics, watching movies, or doing pretty much anything else that doesn’t require actual human interaction. His other projects include his rarely (read: never) updated web sites: MooseTV and Clyde Winters.Favorite games include Battlestar Galactica, Cosmic Encounter, The Resistance: Avalon, and Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game.
|Ivan Hahn @IvanRHahn|
Geek extraordinaire, Ivan is Roll For Crit’s lead video producer and editor. Having worked with Jonathan previously on their stellar, award winning web site, MooseTV, he is well versed in the ways of podcast magic. He is a Raritan Valley College graduate in Film and Digital video and is pursuing a BFA in filmmaking from Montclair State University. His hobbies include photography, cooking, and playing around with all the latest tech gadgets.Some of the board games he likes to play are The Settlers of Catan, Agricola, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.
An adorable resident of New York City, Neel is responsible for all the images and graphic design work you see on Roll For Crit, as well as many of its news updates. He enjoys watching movies and TV shows pretty much non-stop, reading great books like Moby Dick and Dune, as well as playing video games on Wii U and Steam. In his “off” hours from having fun, he works on his poetry, stories, art, and game design. Neel graduated from the School of Visual Arts with a BFA in Illustration. His favorite animal is the zebra. Neel does not like to cook. Neel grew up with the popular Monopoly, Sorry, and Battleship until his interests expanded to games like Ticket to Ride, Cosmic Encounter, and Battlestar Galactica.